You are going to love this beautiful, yet practical, project by the talented Julie Nutting!
Embellished Wood Tote
One of my favorite things to do is to hunt down super basic, inexpensive items in craft stores and see how I can make them into something useful and of course, pretty!
I found this little wooden tote for $1 and thought it would make an adorable gift bag but, instead, colored pencils found their way in and I now keep it on my desk because it’s so darn cute!
I keep thinking what a great party favor filled with goodies this would make!
Prima products used:
- 844561 Rosarian Felicity
- 544523 Rosarian Rambler
- 844486 Zephyr Tempore
- 559663 Zephyr Tile
- 559960 Romance Novel Velvet Trinkets
- 558871 Rosarian Wood Clip
- 559229 Rosarian Wood Tickets
- 560591 Say it With Crystals
- 551513 Say it With Crystals
- 562601 Rosarian Rose
- 555467 Fairy Belle Charme Rose
- 555474 Fairy Belle Essential Petals
- 555115 En Francais Clear Stamp
- Paint, light blue and cream
- Wood tote, approx. 4x6
- Black rayon seam binding
- Tim Holtz paper clip
- Glimmermist, Rum Punch
- Paint tote light blue.
- Cut and glue a ¾” strip of Rambler paper around entire top of tote.
- Cut Tempore paper, distress top edge and glue around tote with your Ramblin paper peeking out.
- Cut a strip of Felicity paper, punch edge and glue down front side.
- Stamp handle with bubble wrap, using cream paint.
- Stamp tag with black ink and color background blue with pastels.
- Glue wood ticket onto tag and tie string around tag.
- Tie seam binding at handle and attach tag and velvet trinket to ribbon.
- Attach flowers, crystals and tile to your liking.
- Mist lightly with Glimmermist.