These beauties take ANY art medium you try...like Art Alchemy paints, Color Bloom sprays, Oil Pastels, Finnabair's Pastes, Christine Adolph's adhesive rub-ons with Prima foils, Frank Garcia's Artisan Powders, and so much more. Each piece is a cast piece from Sandra's collection of treasures gathered from around the world. Just think of the many ways you can use these gorgeous pieces on your crafts! Sandra's team is here to showcase special tributes to those special men and women who have served our country.
"Romualdo" by Chrissy Colon
"Wow! My first feature as a Relics & Artifacts Ambassador on the Prima Marketing blog just has me all sorts of giddy and excited! My name is Chrissy and I decided to create a tribute shadow box to my wonderful husband, Romualdo, whose name is actually part of the Vintage Emporium paper line. He is an active duty Marine so the large medal from the Medallions Relics & Artifacts set was a natural choice. I used some paint to give it an aged appearance as he is wiser beyond his years as a father, a husband, and a leader. The “Big 4” ephemera piece from Vintage Emporium was perfect to represent our four children and the road map heart symbolizes my love for him no matter where the Marine Corps sends us." ~Chrissy Colon
Prima Products: Relics & Artifacts “Medallions” (941604), Relics & Artifacts Wood Archival Trays 2 (941772), Relics & Artifacts Dresden Trim Gold Connected Fleur (942441), Relics & Artifacts Dresden Trim Silver Tiny Triangles (942410), Vintage Emporium Collection Kit (584344), Vintage Emporium Ephemera (583620), Color Bloom Spray Vintage Metal “Gold Foil” (573805), Frank Garcia Memory Hardware Artisan Powder “Parthenay”(991197), Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edger “Dark Bark” (891008), Finnabair Art Extravagance Texture Paste “Clear Crackle”(961541)
- Cover the inside and outside of tray in paper.
- Paint bottle cap and Regalis Relic in Metallic Red Paint. Spray with Color Bloom Empress Gold and when dry glue to the inside of shadow box.
- Add a Dresden Trim crown and medallion to the Regalis Relic.
- Paint Medallion Relic black and then spray with Empress Gold and glue in place. Add rhinestone strand and glitter glue.
- Cut out a piece of cardstock to fit the top of the shadowbox. Cut out an opening and add ink and glitter glue to the edge. Add clear stamp design to the border of the opening. Glue top paper in place.
- Add ink to all the edges and cover all the edges in assorted Dresden.
How sweet it is to create custom Relics & Artifacts® pieces with a splash of Prima thrown in!! What would YOU do with these fabulous blanks? Make sure you check out the R&A Tribe page right here on Facebook, plus other social media for more of Sandra's beautiful designs and wonderful DT ideas.