What drives us to try new things, wear new colors, change the sofa pillows three times a year, and grab the latest nail polishes out there? TRENDS of course! They are every where you look: in clothing, cars, house designs, glasses, and on and on and on. WHEW! And they change constantly! Papercrafting is no different! But, you do not have to spend a fortune to keep up with them. Take your Prima supplies and make the new trends work for you! Here are a few trends our fabulous gals have spotted...along with their Prima take on them!
First up, we have Jennifer Snyder's take on spotting trends: Owls!
"Did you ever wonder who sets these trends? Prima sets them. And one of the trends I see this summer is owls. The sweet Shabby Chic Treasures Owl resins are making a splash and trend setting." ~Jennifer
892593 Prima Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures - Owls
579371 Prima Garden Fable SIIC
579319 Prima Garden Fable -Brads
579012 Prima Garden Fable - 4x6 Journal Cards
580667 Prima Butterfly Collection - Flowers Bette
573836 Prima Color Bloom Mist - Tea Stain
Olga loves her leaves! Prima's paper leaves are perfect for any project and finish them off beautifully!
"I'm a real fan of different kinds of paper leaves and I usually use die-cut ones. But Prima paper leaves are the ones I really love. They are ready and you don't need a machine and dies to make them. The look very realistic and the ones with sparkling endings will make any project look shining and beautiful".~ Olga
- 572792-Metal Doily Die
- 846329-Anna Marie-Sewing Basket
- 573904-Color Bloom Peony
- 573850-Color Bloom Lime Wedge
- 577711-Winthrop-Tourmaline Flowers
Fran is inspired by the new colorful and psychedelic prints you see on clothing! See her take on these fabulous new patterns...
"My inspiration for this project was taken from the psychedelic prints that are all around at the moment...
"I used a sheet of A4 watercolor paper from the Bloom collection for my layout instead of 12x12 paper layering a selection of stencils and adding Color Bloom mists and watercolor details to create a psychedelic effect."~ Fran
The colors add texture and interest around her background, making her project come to life! The layers of art mediums are blended perfectly to achieve the look she was going for!
- Brads - Garden Fable 579319
- Timeless Memories Metal Trinkets - Recalled Numbers 579883
- Timeless Memories Metal Trinkets - Memoir 579807
- Color Bloom - Plumeria 580292
- Color Bloom - Sparkling Pastels Pearl White 573751
- Color Bloom - Sultry Shimmer Cobalt 573898
- Color Bloom - Sultry Shimmer Summer Sky 573867
- Color Bloom - Sparkling Pastels Soft Teal 573782
- Garden Fable- Sprout 580803
- Garden Fable- Everbloom 580766
- Garden Fable-Evergreen 580827
- Debutante- Penelope 580728
- 7x9 Stencil-Chicken Wire 962272
- A4 Watercolor Paper Pad 980269
- Pinwheel Stencil - 7" Round 575984
- 6x6 Stencil-Spark 980399
- Watercolor Pencils - Scenic Route 576691
- Watercolor Pencils - The Basics 576714
- Art Basics - Modeling Paste (8 fl. oz.) 961411
Sandra spotted her trend, from a popular company that features high end decor! Her Relics and Artifacts are perfect for a DIY home decor project that has a high end look...simple and clean with classic style!
These home decor pieces from Restoration Hardware feature framed Intaglios, in simple style frames with printed backgrounds...