Colorful. Easy to use. And they go on like butter! Our new watercolor pencils are going to bring the creative kid out in you! (They are REALLY that fun and easy to use!) We even have three FULL tutorials for you today to kick-start your creativity! Two amazing gals, Trina McClune and Finnabair, have created up a storm showing their very own tips & techniques for using our new Watercolor Pencil Sets & Watercolor Brushes!
Watercolor Pencils are available in the following adorable tins: Spring & Fall 576721, Earth Tones 576738, Scenic Route 576691, The Basics 576714, Soft Neutrals 576707, Hair and Skin Tones 576745. Each set includes 12 wonderful pencils. Use as-is or add water with our new Watercolor Brush Set 580421.
Adding A Touch of Color
Trina shows how just ONE watercolor pencil can add so much amazing contrast to a project. Just look at this gorgeous tag filled with splendorous gold, new accents, and sprinkles of Finnabair art mediums. Want to know how to create it?
- Step 1: Grab a Prima tag and a scalloped palette knife; spread gold crackle paint over the tag.
- Step 2: Sprinkle on Prima glass beads, smooshing them into the thicker areas of paint.
- Step 3: Use a Prima stencil to create a subtle design in complementary colours.
- Step 4: Add more texture by adding in a few stamped images.
- Step 5: Choose a contrasting colour from your watercolour pencils and outline the edges of your stamped images colouring slightly inside the images.
- Step 6: Use a waterbrush to soften the pencil colour. You will get some colour on the water pen and you can use this to ‘paint’ other areas too.
- Step 7: Add in additional stamped images.
- Step 8: Add in some Prima embellishments to make the tag look complete.
Prima Products: 910686 – Julie Nutting tag pad, 961558 – Texture Paste Gold Foil, 573805 – Color Bloom Spray Gold Foil, 961701 – Glass Beads butter, 962005 – Finnabair cling stamps, 962432 – Finnabair Mechanicals, 579722 – Wood Icons with foil, 581718 – Flowers, 962326 – Finnnabair Elementals stencil -dots and stripes, Butterfly chipboard, 576714 #25 Watercolor Pencil- The Basics Set, Black coal chalk ink, 580421 Watercolor Brush Pen
Next up we have TWO amazing tutorials by Finnabair! She took our NEW watercolor pencils and used them in HER style, with her new releases to create beautiful projects. That's the beauty in Prima products...they are created for every learning stage, and for every papercrafting style!
Want even MORE ideas for using our new watercolor pencils? Or want to see them in action? Check out our FUN video below created just for YOU!
Join us on our social media for all the latest and greatest!