Vintage and reminiscent of days gone by, our Julie Nutting Doll Stamps have swept many of us back to the days when we spent hours cutting out paper dolls with our mothers!
Today we are going to take the doll stamps and combine them with another craze going on: Mixed Media! Combining the two is a natural step for those who want to add sparkle and texture to their dolls. Not sure how to do it? That's okay, because we have a FABULOUS tutorial for you today by Prima paper doll expert, Delaina Burns!
Delaina's gorgeous girl, Keira, is dolled up with Cigar Box Secrets papers, then adorned with a few of our new flowers! But the magical touches are created with Color Bloom sprays, Soft Matte Gel, and Glass Glitter! Here's how you can recreate this look!
- Spray Tea Stain Color Bloom spray on a Julie Nutting watercolor paper tag. Dry.
- Pounce touches of Soft Matte Gel on the tag. Sprinkle Glass Glitter on top. The gel will adhere the glitter permanently.
- Add Cigar Box Secrets paper and a doily (cut from our new dies). Edge everything with a metallic chalk edger!
- Create your doll using our new Keira doll stamp. Edge all paper edges to give definition to the layers.
- Add Kiera to the tag and finish with flowers, Jute Trim, and more touches of gel and glass glitter for a sweet tag filled with magical sparkles.
So what do you think? See how fun, and easy, it can be to take your dolls to the next level? Glass Glitter is a perfect match for adding shimmery goodness! You can also try our Art Sugar, Glitter Packs, and Mica Flakes for even more GORGEOUS variations!
Prima Products: 910853 - Water Color Tag Pad, 910808 -Keira Stamp, 847012 -Cigar Box Secrets A4 Pad, 578633 -Volado, 577735 -Rodanthe Seaboard, 572792 -Metal Die Doily 2, 576066 -Wood Icon, 573188- SIIC, 576851 -Jute Trim- Straw, 961305 - Stencil, 961398 - 3D Matte Gel, 961626 - Glass Glitter- Sterling, 573836- Bloom Spray- Tea Stain, 891954 - Metallic Chalk Edger- Bronze, 961718 - Glass Beads- Plum, 961640 - Glass Glitter Copper, 961428 - Soft Matte Gel