Want to frame your friends? Let us show you how! Our fabulous Louise Nelson shares a fun, and easy, technique using our new Wire Thread to create photo frames perfect for hanging on your fridge!
2. Cut out the plastic-molded frame shape from the packaging.
3. Apply double-sided tape around the molded, plastic edges as shown. This will adhere your photo to the plastic.
4 & 5. Place photo face down on table. Remove backing from double-sided tape and adhere the plastic frame to back of photo.
6. To form the wire frame take a free-form approach and form the loops by hand or use a pencil to help you wrap the wire around to form loops.
7. To form funky, squiggly bits use a paper piercer and wrap the wire around the metal point several times.
8. Repeat this process to form a frame to suit your photo and design.
9. Adhere the wire frame to the front of the photo by stapling it to the plastic backing.
10. Turn over and adhere a magnet to the back of the plastic backing with strong glue.
11. Complete by embellishing to suit your design. For these three frames I used some fabulous Cartographer SIIC’s, a bark heart shape, and an Optimist wood verse embellishment. I also colored with a marker to coordinate with my wire frame.
Product packaging [the packaging from the Prima resin frames is perfect]
Your choice of Prima wire
A selection of your favourite Prima embellishments [SIIC’s and Wood Shapes]
Strong adhesive clear drying glue
Double sided tape