Are you ready for some fun challenges?
Our Build-A-Page contest is always VERY popular! This month's sketch, by Marie-Nicolas Alliot, is filled with star-bursting accents, stamping and whimsical stitching, making it absolutely perfect for 4th of July pictures or sport shots! It is so fab it really could be used for any theme.
This month we have a new way to add entries! You can post them right here on this blog (see inlinkz info at bottom) so everyone can see your wonderful projects. The contest rules are the same.
Add a Prima-based project based on this BAP sketch by the last day of the month (July 31st at 11:55 pm ET) and title it July BAP-your name. That's it! We will be posting the winner in August!
How about a few samples by our educators and design team to get the inspiration going?
by Designer Delaina Burns
- 950743- Delightful
- 950699- Destination
- 950866- Chipboard
- 950804- Notecards
- 950927- Sugar Dots
- 950934- Flair Button
- 571436- Layla Flowers
- 571924- Florella Leaves
- 569921- Birds and Butterflies Wood
- 565756- Flowers
by Guest Designer Camilla Ekman
I am Camilla Ekman from Sweden and I am a Prima-holic and soooo pleased to be guest designing this year. I have been scrapbooking for a few years now and have developed a romantic style and love to use flowers – lots of flowers. I am married and have two children. When I don’t scrapbook I love to read and listen to music.
"Prima makes the most gorgeous flowers and vines. Here I have used a combination of peach and black which goes perfectly with the Fairy Rhymes collection. I have also used some of my other favourites from Prima – the bling swirls and the resin pieces." ~Camilla
For extra contrast Camilla added touches of black which really ground the beautiful layout!
- Papers: Fairy Rhymes collection
- Flowers: Gracie Vine Almanac #556280, Rondelle Collection Timido #562427, Divine Collection #564612, Odette Almond #566562
- Say it in Crystals Fairy Rhymes #563950
- Alpha Stickers Engraver #562939
- Shabby Chic Treasures Resin Fly Away #891480
- Shabby Chic Treasures Resin #890797
- Clear Stamps Engraver #563042
- Other: dies, seam binding
by Designer Erin Blegen
"I like to use sketches as a jump-start to a project, rather than feel restricted by a particular design or elements of the sketch. Here I replaced the spot for journaling with my usual double-photo, and chose to place my clusters where I felt was right while keeping little details like the stars intact."
"I never know where I will end up when starting with a sketch, but that is what makes it the most fun!" ~Erin
- 950705- Delight Collection "Darling"
- 950736- Delight Collection "Delicious"
- 950743- Delight Collection "Delightful"
- 950927- Delight Collection Sugardot Stickers
- 950897- Delight Collection Tag Me Tickets & Tags Set
- 960469- Elementals 12x12 Mask
- 891794- Junkyard Findings "Heart Gears"
- 559144- Alphabet Stickers
- 570255- Say it in Crystals Pearl: White
- 571467- Charlotte Flowers
- 571351- Serenity Flowers
- 571290- Olivia Flowers
- 571399- Scarlett Flowers
- 571689- Lil Missy Flowers
- 571801- Abbey Flowers
- 571559- Le Mia Flowers
- 571535- Le Mia Flowers
Fighting The Battle
by Educator Trina McClune
Movement is created in Trina’s layout by having texture paste at two opposing corners of the main part of the layout. This subtle touch draws your eyes across the layout from top to bottom/bottom to top taking in the photo, embellishments, title and journaling.
Trina balanced the layout by adding her journaling to opposite sides of the page. Clusters of flowers are added under the ripped areas on the layout at the top and bottom of the page.
- 950392 – Fairy Rhymes Flower Song
- 950385 – Fariy Rhymes Fairy Collage
- 563257 – Alphabet Stickers
- 554156 – Say it in pearls
- 922146 – Poppies and Peonies mask
- 540456 – Rose Leaves
- 529567 – Wildflowers Piller pack
- 561444 – Serenade White
- 890803 – Shabby Chic Resin Treasures Garden Well
- 566029 – Mini Sachet Rose
Best Friends Layout
by Designer Keren Tamir
Keren created a gorgeous beauty for us today! Using a new collection (that we will show off on Monday) allows Keren to mix and match these colors and designs effortlessly.
- 846336- Anna Marie Calico
- 846299- Anna Marie Eloise
- 570033- Anna Marie Chipboard
- 846329- Anna Marie Sewing Basket
- 563035- Anna Marie Tags & Tickets
- 891886- Shabby Chic Treasures- Rose Heart Corners
- 565886- Labelle Harbor
- 960513- Elemental Stencil
- 570675- Anna Marie Flowers
- 570873- Delight mini- flowers
- 571528- Le Mia pink
- 571726- Lucido
- Other: Gesso, Cheese cloth, Shimmerz magenta paint, Shimmerz Caribbean sunset spray, pink slick writer marker, Golden light molding paste.