You may see the art aisle at your local craft store and think, "What would I EVER use those products for?"
Gesso Acrylic Gesso Glass Bead Gel
Spray Gesso Gelatos Grey Board
Modeling Paste Acrylic Paints Impasto Medium
Well, today we are going to show you some beautifully-textured projects using basic Mixed Media art products, simple crafting techniques, and gorgeous Prima products!
- It doesn't matter what level of experience you have.
- It doesn't matter what your style is.
- Mixed media will work for you!
Should we get started? First up is a vibrant, beautifully-done layout by Louise!
Flower Girl Layout
by Designer Louise Nelson
Louise created a stunning mixed-media layout for us. This is a FABULOUS way to add texture and color to your pages. Did you notice that Louise used a
cute little flower to create her title- [flower] girl? Louise is just plain FUN!
How: Louise created her own patterned background using the Donna Downey Polka Dot stencil with spray gesso, impasto medium, and water color paints. (If you have never tried these art mediums do not be afraid! Just get them out and play with them to create a variety of fun effects.)
this pattern to complement her photo, and draw the viewers attention
straight to it.
Louise applied a thin random streak of impasto using the stencil to create a pattern on her layout background, extending from the top right-hand corner down to the bottom left-hand corner. While the impasto was still wet Louise distressed some of the polka dots by scraping them with a palette knife.
- 922153 12 x 12 Polka dot stencil
- 300043 Designer Pearls
- 551636 Resistant Canvas
- 551629 Resistant Canvas
- 562946 Hello Pastel Alphabet
- 54438 Fairy Rhymes Flowers
- 556358 Prima Flowers
- 12 x 12 grey board
- Spray gesso
- Hero Arts Water Color Wheel
- Cotton Thread
- Prima Washi & Fabric Tape Lyric Collection - #564889
- Prima Typo Bulbs (2) - #891534
- Lyric Collection Flowers - #565671
- Lyric Collection Flowers - #565695
- Lyric Collection Flowers - #564452
- Prima Lyric Collection wood Buttons - #565718
- Prima Engraver Cling Stamp - #562991
- Ingvild Bolme Fluid Chalk Edgers - Garden Grass and Lime Pie
- Lindy's Stamp Gang- Flat Fabio - Kissin Kenickie Coral
- Prima Alphabet Stickers # 562977
- Liquitex Fluid Gesso
- Black Stazon Ink
- Butter Cream Gelato - Faber Castell Design Memory Craft
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Alphabet die - Block Talk
- #950392 Flower Song-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #950378 Papilion-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #950354 Periwinkle-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #950323 Sweet Briar-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #950668 Journaling Notecards - Fairy Rhymes collection
- #950675 Fairy Rhymes Collection Kit
- #563462 Newsprint Mini Frames-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #564032 Resist Canvas Stickers-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #562922 Canvas Alphabet Stickers-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #564438 Fairy Rhymes Flower Stem - Pink
- #564520 Fairy Rhymes Solid Flower Vine - Light Pink
- #565015 Wood Buttons-Fairy Rhymes collection
- #564551 Fairy Rhymes Fabric Flower Pack - Natural
- #566029 Mini Sachet - Rose
- #566357 Tatiana - Coral
- #564452 Lyric Flower Stem - Peach
- #563868 Wood Icons in a Box - Leaves and Mushrooms
- #564230 6x6 Stencil - Lattice
- #564186 1.5" Trim - Sunrise Sunset
- #891176 Chalk Edger Dry Sand
- #950682 12x12 Art Journal Paper Pad
- #922023 Canvas ATC's
Mixed Media Supplies:
- Modeling Paste,
- Acrylic paints,
- Glass beads
We would love to see your mixed media pieces! Please share them with us on any of our social medias: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.