It's March already! Can you believe it?
This month we wanted to do something extra special for you. We have been working hard behind the scenes on trendy FUN projects and ideas...which leads us to our Mixed Media focus for this month.
What is Mixed Media? Well, lucky for you we went to the one and only Wikipedia for a definition:
"Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed...Mixed media tends to refer to a work of visual art that combines various traditionally distinct visual art media. For example, a work on canvas that combines paint, ink, and collage could properly be called a "mixed media" work..."
It's simple: just mix mediums! Have you ever tried it? Do not be afraid if you haven't! We are here to help you jump into the MM craze.
We are going to have SOMETHING for EVERYONE-cardmakers, tag collectors, layout-only peeps, album or canvas makers, journalers, etc.
We hope you check in on our blog to see the MM projects through-out the month! We will be showing you techniques, from simple to advanced, to use on ANY type of project!
- off the page
Prima has SO MANY amazing products that work perfectly for your mixed media projects:
- Canvas sheets, albums, alphas, shapes, tags
- Mixed Media books, inserts
- Wood clips, icons, buttons
- Metal trinkets & keys
- Mechanicals numbers, clocks, flowers, etc
- Stencils in 6x6 and 12x12
- Stamps: clear, cling, foam, doll
- Rub-ons and Iron-ons
- Tiny Junkyard Findings
- Comfort Craft Tools
- Chalk Inks
- Washi Tape, Cotton Tape, Fabric Tape
- and more!
To start off our March Mixed Media Madness (now that's a mouthful!) we have a gorgeous canvas album by educator, Cari Fennell using these products:
On the inside pages of the album Cari applied gesso, inks, clear stamps, washi tape and more to create this gorgeous design. Just think, "layers." Start one layer at a time and build on it: ink, then gesso, then stamping, papers, and so on.
"The inside of the album is a blank canvas so I decided to replicate the outside cover for an overall cohesive look. I applied a layer of gesso and a light layer of molding paste (over a stencil) to the front and back inside covers. Then I used Distress Stain (Broken China) to add color throughout the surface." ~Cari
- 921989-Donna Downey Poppy Album
- 922429-Donna Downey 6x6 Art Stencil-Hexigon Grunge
- 920791-Donna Downey Pom-Pom Trim
- 921224-Donna Downey Iron-On
- 921736-Donna Downey Sculpture Flowers
- 922030-Donna Downey Canvas ATC’s
- 922009-Donna Downey Fabric Poppy Flowers
- 921910-Canvas Banner
- 563851-Wood Clips-Sunrise Sunset
- 564957-Wood Buttons-Sunrise Sunset
- 891527-Junkyard Findings-Typo Bulbs
- 562731-Au Naturale Flowers
- 562670-Au Naturale Flowers
- 562724-Au Naturale Flowers
- 552251-Powder Puffs Flwoers-Cassie
- 553708-Grove Flowers-Grey
- 564933-Washi and Fabric Tape-Engraver
- 950439-Divine Paper-En L Air
- 910228 Mixed media stamp
- 563134 ladybird clear stamp
- 560328 Lifetime cling stamp
- 845636 Hello Pastel 6 x 6 paper pad
- 845537 Lifetime "love tags"
- 845476 Lifetime "blue bayou"
- 845506 Lifetime :Familia"
- 960308 Sunset sunrise vintage trinkets
- 562991 Engraver cling stamps
- 565459 Ladybird flower
- 564925 Fairy Rhymes Washi tape
- 563790 Fairy Rhymes wood clip
- 891206 chalk fluid inks "teal damask and white"
- 563868 wood embellishments
- 563899 wood embellishments
- 563882 wood embellishments
- 564087 resist alphabets "chevron"
- 564315 6 x 6 stencil
- 922184 Poppies and Peonies 12 x 12 mask
- 566203 Queen mary "vintage"
- 566685 Merci "white"
- 556708 Merci "springtime"
- 567163 Tiara "white"
You can find gesso, texture paste, molding paste, canvases, and other art mediums at www.dickblick.com or at your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby stores (in the paint section.)
So what do you think? Do you like mixed media? Do you want to see more? Let us know!