Mixed Media is a blast to play around with...so far this month we have shown layouts, cards, tags, off-the-page, and mini-albums all done MM style. Today we have a VERY special feature on altered canvases.
BUT, first we have some EXCITING news! We want to introduce you to our newest educator:
Limor has a special canvas that she created to show you too!
Just look at his beauty! We know you are going to LOVE seeing Limor work with Prima products. Stay tuned as we share MORE of her work in the future, and try to grab one of her classes when she's in your area!
We also have a FULL step-by-step tutorial on how to color canvas by the talented Maiko Kosugi:
Subtle touches can make your project absolutely superb-like the resist canvas pieces and stencil techniques. Want to see how she did it?
Step 1: Use PanPastels to color your canvas. Apply with a dry sponge. Blend colors in. Note: (You can find a canvas in almost any shape or size you want. Craft stores and www.dickblick.com carry them.)
Step 2: Use Shimmerz Mists to add even more color and a bit of sparkle. Maiko chose two main colors to work with: turquoise and yellow. Dry with a heat gun.
The super heavy gesso will hold it's shape on any surface once it is dry.
Step 5: Dry the canvas thoroughly, then decorate!
Step 6: Layer papers, doilies, flowers, crystals and other embellies that you love to your page. Center your photo front and center and add a Prima wood clip to make it stand out.
Prima Elements: Resist canvas shapes, alphas, 6x6 stencils
- #845438 Notecards-Lady Bird collection
- #845421 Shabby Chic-Lady Bird collction
- #845407 Terrace-Lady Bird collction
- #845391 "M" Lady-Lady Bird collection
- #565480 Lady Bird Flower Multi-Pack
- #565473 Lady Bird Mini Rose Stems
- #565459 Lady Bird Roses
- #564971 Wood Buttons-Lady Bird colletion
- #565510 Lady Bird Butterflies
- #564490 Lady Bird Solid Flower Vine - White
- #563974 Say It In Crystals Mini Swirls-Lady Bird collection
- #563813 Wood Clip Embellishments-Lady Bird collection
- #564032 Resist Canvas Stickers - Fairy Rhymes collection
- #566036 Mini Sachet - Pearl
- #565824 Labelle - Jade
- #567279 Merci - Pastel Mix
- #566395 Giselle - Mermaid
- #563769 Resist Canvas Alphabet Stickers - Script
- #564155 .5" Trim - Lifetime
- #891640 Junkyard Findings
- #891695 Chalk Edger - Pastel Blue
- #891756 Chalk Edger - Pastel Peach
- #891480 Shabby Chic Resin Treasures Fly Away
- #564261 6x6 Stencil - Static
- #960162 6x6 Stencil - Flower
Other: Gesso, Super Heavy Gesso, Pan Pastels, Acrylic Paints, Mist
Solange Marques also has a step-by-step for us today! Just watch her do her magic right here:
Step 6. Add flowers, title, and crystals.
Step 7: You can even add some of the punched butterflies back on the page!
- 950378 Fairy Rhimes Collection Papilion
- 900100 Cling Mounted Stamp set
- 584032 Fairy Rhimes Resist Canvas
- 564070 Lyric Resist Canvas
- 564087 Resist Alphabet
- 890995 Black Coal Chalk Fluid Pads
- 891121 Olive Vine Chalk Fluid Pads
- 891183 Coltsfoot Petals Chalk Fluid Pads
- 565251 Divine Collection Flowers
- 565770 Frost Flowers
- 565787 Frost Flowers
- 567125 Joulee Flowers
- 561475 Serenade Flowers
- Acrylic Gesso
- Modeling Paste
- Dylusion Spray Inks
Wow...our gals have created such amazing pieces of art! You need to try a few of these steps and create something special for your home!
We would love to see your finished mixed media pieces. Just tag us on Facebook or Pinterest: @PrimaMarketing