Once again, that time is upon us! The arrival of a season that magically allows us all to turn into things that we only dream of. How do you see yourself? Are you mysterious? Are you royal? Are you neither? One of the reasons that I love to create is because it allows me to portray how I see things, including myself... you know, creating on paper what my outward appearance may not show.
Prima's Firefly Collection allowed me here to put my personality on paper, capturing my love of color and all things whimsical.
"I Am the Canvas"
- 845179 Firefly Paper "Aglow"
- 845131 Firefly Paper "Fireflies"
- 844431 Zephyr "Tabarette"
- 561444 Serenade "White"
- 561543 Prelude "Spring"
- 562144 Bel Canto "Yellow"
- 561581 Sourbette "Pink/Orange"
- 561529 Overture "Harley"
- 891435 Shabby Chic Treasures
- 559700 Vintage Trinkets "Rondelle"
- 559717 Vintage Trinkets "Rosarian"
- 559731 Vintage Trinkets "Zephyr"
- 559243 Wood Embellishments "Zephyr"
- 560898 Mask
- 560997 Resist Canvas
- 560843 Prima Press
- 560836 Prima Press
Got boxes? I did... lots of little jewelry boxes, so I thought I would put them to good use in this next piece that I am going to show you. After watching my son line these up over and over, putting them together like a puzzle - I decided to glue them together just as he had laid them out - and make it into a wall hanging.
This "Wall Garden" uses the lovely Soprano flowers, the Firefly Paper Collection, some script paper for a neutral balance, and of course lots of Prima's Vintage Treasures and Wooden Embellishments.
- 845179 Firefly paper "Aglow"
- 845131 Firefly paper "Fireflies"
- 845186 Firefly paper "Magique"
- 561666 Soprano flower "Pink"
- 891558 Junkyard Findings "typo zippers"
- 559618 Vintage Trinkets
- 891459 Shabby Chic Treasures "Marvelle"
- 560676 Wood Embellishment "Wood Door #2"
- 559205 Wooden Clocks & Tickets "Paris"
- 559465 Clear Stamp "Rondelle 2"
- 559410 Clear Stamp "Romance Novel"
- Ruby Violet spare pieces
And finally, because it IS that time of year, and because I dearly love owls...
Made from a paper mache egg from a local craft store, I cut an oval out the front before painting the inside and altering on the outside. She is totally inspired by candy corn :) so I nested some Prima Trinkets that I painted to look like candy corn into her belly.
The right picture above is a glance at the back of her, covered in paper from the Zephyr Collection, as well as flowers and a few feathers to match.
Isn't she fun?
- 844509 Zephyr Paper "Parfait"
- 844448 Zephyr Paper "Zanella"
- 844493 Zephyr Paper "Zephyr"
- 561659 Soprano Flower "White"
- 562656 Au Naturale Flower
- 562724 Au Naturale Flower
- 930073 Vintage Trinkets
Once again wishing you a magical, fall season! It was wonderful to share with you again!!