This month we are excited to share with you our Guest Designer Camilla Ekman. We are so happy she agreed to join us and share a couple of her beautiful projects.
It is not easy being a teenager. It is not always easy to be the mother of a teenager. But I know I am so blessed to have my beautiful teenager, to have the privilege to guide her from childhood into adulthood.
This is my layout celebrating my beautiful teenager. I have used the soft coloured Songbird collection.
Here is a step-by-step guide to how I made my page:
1. Use a mask in two opposite corners and apply some white gesso.
2. Use the green paper as a frame and then add some stripes of pink and beige papers. I have used border punches to get a softer and more delicate look.
3. Create a photo mat by putting a doily and two tags behind the photos.
4. Adhere the photos and the photomat to the page.
5. Make a flower cluster to the left bottom of the photos and also add a single flower to the right of the photo to balance the page.
6. I added a piece of paper saying love to the Vintage Trinkets.
7. The beautiful resin pieces fits my theme perfectly.
8. As you can see, I placed the embellishments among the flowers.
9. I cut out a bird and a branch from one of the Songbird papers and added them at the flowers. I also added a few leaves. And the last thing I added was the title.
10. To finish my page off, I added a bit of gesso here and there.
I hope you enjoyed my page!
- Songbird Collection: Sunrise #844028
- Songbird Collection: Mosaic #844042
- Songbird Collection: Tag-It #844073
- Songbird Collection: Happy Scrappers Lineage #844059
- Songbird Collection: Zephyr #844035
- Vintage Trinkets #930127
- Mask #554637
- Shabby Chic Treasures #890797
- Pankita Rose Summer Mix #557759
- Leaves #170684
- Namazzi - Ivory #5572218
- Ceylon Attic #552909
- Alphabet Stickers # 554354, #550 103
- Other: Gesso, border punches, doily, tags
Here is another stunning project by Camilla!
My darling small niece was all dressed up in her bathing suit. She was waiting devotionally by the sprinkler. The water starts to spray. Then her courage is totally gone and she starts to cry. The comfort of being in her mother's arms makes her calm.
- Almanac Collection: Toile #844103
- Almanac Collection: Libre #844110
- Almanac Collection: Composition #844097
- Mask #554620
- Shabby Chic Treasures #890704
- Cradle Sparrow #552886
- Vintage Trinkets #550684
- Say it in Pearls #554194
- Alphabet Stickers #550103
- Calcutta Dogwood Bright White #539559
- Venetta - Almanac #556211
- Corinne Collection #548834
- Rose leaves #540463
- Other: Gesso, tags, string, border punches