Happy Friday! Today is our last day of the design team's scraplifts for the month. This has been a fun addition to our blog and we hope you've enjoyed it as well. Scraplifting can give you that boost of inspiration and creativity.
This first stunning layout by Karola Witczak has inspired Hege Lundquist's scraplift for today.
Here is what Hege found creative about Karola's work:
I've had the honor of scraplifting Karola! I've been a great admirer of her for a long time. I chose this slightly different layout with earth colors and cool blue. I chose to focus on how she has built up the layout and the location of all her items.
I have used a different color scale than her when I'm really in love with the bright and pastel ones.
I have really enjoyed this and will probably try even more to
scraplift Karola another time and use her as inspiration later. Thank
you so much, Karola :-)
- Item# 844059 Songbird Collection Lineage
- Item# 555597 Lucerne Songbird
- Item# 555528 Perle Bebe Songbird
- Item# 551612 Resistant Canvas - Printery
- Item# 553081 Bristo Blooms - Nugget
- Item# 553333 Country North - Alla Prima
- Item# 533175 Trellis Roses
- Item# 556501 Allegra Annaise
- Item# 557287 Charlotte Coral Ice
- Item# 557324 Charlotte Tiffany
- Item# 557577 Pankita Rose Spring Mix
- Item# 558147 Cherise Grape Vine
Our next lift was inspired by this layout by Stacy Cohen. Stacy inspired Maiko Kosugi to create a fresh colorful page.
Here is Maiko's insight on Stacy's beautiful work:
I had the honor of scrap lifting from the very talented Stacy Cohen!
I adore Stacy's color sense filled with her wonderful ideas. It was so difficult to choose which layout to scrap lift since all her layouts are just gorgeous,
but chose this one after seeing Stacy's gallery over and over again!
I followed Stacy's sketch for my layout and decided to make mine using the Sun Kiss Collection.
I love the delicate designs of Stacy's work, and it is a true inspiration where the part Stacy cut paper like waves! I really enjoyed it too!
Also I added some touches of my style by adding a large flower and Vine. I really wanted to add handmade doilies like Stacy did, but since I am not good at it, I decided to add die cut doily to my page. lol
Moreover, I am using the mulberry paper instead of gauze.
And finally, I added modeling paste to some places in order to make the whole color tone more settled down.
Thank you so much Stacy for this wonderful inspiration I really enjoyed it very much!!!
- # 844172 Sun Kiss Collection Sunshine Path
- # 844189 Sun Kiss Collection Sweet Tea
- # 844219 Sun Kiss Collection Shady Nook
- # 844226 Sun Kiss Collection Kindred Spirits
- # 844240 Sun Kiss Collection Lemon Ginger
- # 555689 Charme Rose Sun Kiss
- # 555634 Perle Bebe Sun Kiss
- # 555702 Lucerne Sun Kiss
- # 555726 Pixie Vine Sun Kiss
- # 844240 Sun Kiss Collection Lemon Ginger
- # 554125 Crystals Fairy Belle
- # 556846 Miss Godivas Marshmallow
- # 556853 Miss Godivas Mermaid
- # 557089 Lady Godivas Orange Ice
- # 557652 Laraine Blue Lagoon
- # 890803 Resin - Garden Well
- # 891183 Chalk Fluid Edger - Coltfoot Stemens
- # 891169 Chalk Fluid Edger - Shabby Tote
- # PE-067-D48 YELLOW 100 PCS
- # PE-914-LT.Blue BLUE 72 PCS
- # PE-006-9 Rose Yellox/Cream
Sharon Laakkonen designed this colorful scrapbook page that inspired Heidi Kelley on her scraplift page.
Heidi shares what inspired her about Sharon's page:
I scraplifted this layout of Sharon's for a few reasons! First, I loved the title - something about it struck a chord with me, so I played off of it - just changing it a bit. Secondly, I loved that she used a cluster of three photos. Inspired by this, I tweaked it a bit to feature one larger photo, and stuck a couple smaller photos behind them too to make it look like a pile of pics. I used the same paper line, Doodle Deux, but mimicked her design elements instead of using the same ones. I thought it would be fun to use gesso to take the place of the wide yellow strip in the middle of her page, and then I clustered various cuts from the paper as well. :) Of course, I still had to add my art mediums as well, making the layout my own!
- Doodle Deux Collection:
- Doodle Bits #843977
- Two-by-Two #843939
- En Francais Alphabet Stickers #554309
- Item# 843434 - Romantique Col. Estella
- Item# 843465 - Romantique Col. Ha' Penny
- Item# 843458 - Romantique Col. Hedgerow
- Item# 843441 - Romantique Col. Gazette
- Item# 843410 - Romantique Col. Orchard
- Item# 551223 - Chipboard - Romantique
- Item# 551131 - Reflections - Romantique
- Item# 551285 - Art Tiles - Romantique
- Item# 890704 - Resin - Old Church Window
- Item# 890681 - Resin - Large Window Shutters
- Item# 550783 - Vintage Buttons
- Item# 550431 - Toggle - Bobbin
- Item# 553739 - Tweet Vine - Quail Glow
- Item# 552879 - Cradle - Robin
- Item# 552572 - Jardinere - Romantique
- Item# 551698 - Fleur De Lys - Chorale
- Item# 556778 - Mariposa Topaz
- Item# 558406 - Kennedy Vintage
- Item# 552633 - Bretton Vines - Purity
- Item# 552022 - Flaxence - Barley