We have another installment of scraplifts from our amazing design team for you. We love seeing how each of them interpret the creativity by their fellow artists.
Our first lift is by Trudi Harrison. She has used this layout created by Anne Jo Lexander as her inspiration.
Here is a little bit from Trudi about what she find inspiring in Anne Jo's work.
Anne Jo has a fabulous sense for negative space design, arrangement and detail. Her creations are a breath of fresh air and at times can be whimsical. I particularly love how her creations will feature multi-photo combinations which tell a story; often of an everyday occurrence. Perfectly placed embellishing allows her photos to shine and hand written journaling tells us the story.
I have taken inspiration from Anne Jo's layout ' So this is us you say?'
I have incorporated the light and dark toning and adapted the design arrangement by rotating it. The embellishing was moved to vertically through the photo's rather than the along the photo edge. I also loved the little rows of the Say It In Crystals hearts across the photo edge and instead of replicating, I have incorporated hearts in my embellishing.
- #844226 Sun Kiss Col - Kindred Sprits
- #554927 Notecards - Sun Kiss
- #553999 Fimo & Crystals - Meadow Lark
- #554859 Notecards Meadow Lark
- #556334 Velvet Rainbow Summer Mix
- #556853 Miss Godivas Mermaid
- #890827 Resin - Woodland Animals
- #843748 12" x 12" Ledger
Our next scraplift comes to us from Steph Devlin. Steph has used this beautiful layout by Hege Lundquist.
Steph gives us insight on what she finds creative in Hege's style.
When I was given Hege to scraplift, I was immediately delighted, because I have always adored her use of white space, and I couldn't wait to get started. I chose Heges’s “Summer Feeling” layout because it showcases Hege’s trademark clean vs messy style !! Here's what I discovered looking closely at Hege's beautiful work:
- She loves to use white space. Often its splattered with black or coloured blotches
- She loves to stamp as an accent on her work.
- She often mists with masks, and uses resist canvas on her work.
- Hege loves layers underneath her photograph to showcase her image.
- She also loves mixing fonts on her pages.
- 555337 - Alphas
- 554699 - Resist Canvas Butterflies
- 921491 - Canvas Word (Love)
- 950248 - Stamps
- 548865 - Corrine
- 544409 - Arco Iris Flowers
- 551483- SIIC
- 543051 - Mountain Lily Vine - Cotton Candy
- 552961 - Gillian - Rasberry
- 556822 - Miss Godivas - Pebble
- 556310 - Velvet Rainbow (Brights)
- 557645 - Laraine - Pearl White
The next source of inspiration for our feature was designed by Maiko Kosugi. Maiko's piece inspired Karola Witczak to create her scraplift.
Here is what Karola said about using Maiko's work.
- Fairy Belle - La Spa #950125
- Nature Garden - Midsummer's Eve #950064
- 8 x8 Mask #550011
- Resistant Canvas #551629
- Nature Garden - Button Vine #555948
- Nature Garden - Charme Rose #555900
- Fairy Belle - button Vine #555498
- Kennedy Vintage #558406
- Fabrique Ochre #557911
- Soiree copper #558451
- Mariposa Topaz #556778
- sassy Butter Nut #558574
- Cassie Periwinkle #558758
- Hermosa Teal #557997
Our last scraplift for today was inspired by this layout designed by Stacey Young. What a artist piece!
The lovely Leslie Ashe used Stacey's layout as her lift and has created a stunning piece of her own.
Right now the turquoise & cream colors together, splashed with a touch of contrasting color is one of my favorite things to use in scrapbooking.
I used Stacey’s bracket design as well as the lovely banners, birdhouses & birds. I even used some of the same papers she used, Although I changed a few things up to reflect my style.
I love Stacey’s use of dimension & tried to incorporate that as well as I created. I love her son’s precious photo’s with that bright colorful cap. I chose a photo of similar colors & decided instead of three, I’d just use one square photo to match my design.
- Pixie Glen Garden Gate Paper #843175
- Sweet Fairy Blowing Kisses Paper #843069
- Flocked Rub Ons #550875
- SIIC # 551551
- Resin Small Birds #890773
- Resin Ceiling Ornaments #89742
- Metal Treasures Birdcages #890858
- Fairy Tale Roses #538620
- Printery Coventry Rose #553296
- Bretton Vines Script #552657
- Coiled Pearls Emily #552442
- Frost Mix Large #557171
- Sunkiss Camille #555658
- Trixie Bright #557201
- Sunkiss Grapevine #555719
- Songbird Venetta #555559
- Powder Puffs Cassie #552251
- Alphabet 544232
Products featured in today's post....
Shabby Metals Cassie Soiree