Today is our last Scraplift feature for the month. We had so much fun using each other for inspiration and we hope you did as well.
When scraplifting, there are so many things you can use from a layout as your lift. It could be the colors used, the outline of the page, it can even be as simple as the products used. You can go back through your own work and find projects to scraplift. Using scraplifts is an easy way to get out of that creative rut or give yourself that extra boost.
Our fist scraplift was inspired by this creative page designed by Trina McClune.
There are so many gorgeous layouts from Trina I truly could not decide which one to lift. I scrolled through her gallery (several times) and was mesmerised by this stunning page. Her work is so incredibly neat and her little details are just delightful.
Of course having 3 boys the pink just would not work for me, but keeping the same amazing design I opted to change the colour palette.
I loved Trina layout so much that I kept a lot of the same elements on my page and just added my own touches and style for example the misting!! I cut paper circles and distressed the edges and used the end of a paintbrush to dot my way around the page.
Thankyou so much Trina for inspiring me, I really did get lost in your layout;) ~Stacey Young
- #550080 Alphabet stickers
- #549343 Candy Gems Fruity Tutti
- #546892 Treasure Rae Emerald Sea
- #544294 SIIC
- #549046 Sugar Blooms
- #547424 Precious Metals
- #549015 Sugar Blooms
- #552770 Carlotta Blue Pearl
- #555726 Pixie Vine
- #870317 Pebbles
- #844226 "Kindred Spirit" Sunkiss
- #843885 "Billettes" En Francais
- #843854 "Cheval" En Francais
- #552114 Meredith Dove
- #557089 Lady Godivas Orange Ice
- #557652 Laraine Blue Lagoon
- #557720 Marcelle Curtain Call
- #553463 Medley Midas
Anna Marie Mondro thought up this beautiful layout. Her beautiful work inspired Emeline Seet's wonderful project.
- Printery Collection "Monogram" #843533
- Printery Collection "Printery Collection" #843519
- Printery Collection "Page Four" #843526
- Printery Collection " Signature" #843519
- Notecards Fairy Belle #554897
- Vintage Knittie Flower #546595
- Melody Love Note Flower #548803
- Manette Maples Flower #557256
- Yellow Flowers #PE-067-D48
- Toggle- Bobbin #550431
- Flutter Bits Songbird #555627
This colorful treat was created by Leslie Ashe. She was the inspiration for Janine's scraplift.
I had the wonderful task of scraplifting one of the layouts of the super talented Leslie Ashe!! I love the way Leslie has an artistic edge to her pages and a more free-flowing style. I chose to lift this page as I adored her arty circles and the way it meandered down the page. I used a lot of elements from the original page as my inspiration, especially the placement, but adapted other aspects to fit my style. In keeping with the artistic whimsy of the original page, I went to town with glimmer mists to create my own “artsy” background paper, but rather than using Pan Pastels for circles as Leslie did, I used an octagon die and double layered them to add a touch of my style into it as well.
Finally I finished off the page with flowers, chipboard and some bling. I replicated the flower placement fairly closely, but chose to add a bit of my style to it by incorporating a bit of bling trailing from the lower floral cluster. Thank you so much Leslie for creating such an inspiring original design for me to lift. ~Janine Koczwara
- 844226 Sun Kissed Collection – Kindred Spirits
- 844202 Sun Kissed Collection – Nectar Fields
- 844196 Sun Kissed Collection – Bliss
- 544842 Sun Kissed Collection – chipboard
- 555696 Sun Kissed Collection – Essential Petals
- 555702 Sun Kissed Collection – Lucerne Flowers
- 555658 Sun Kissed Collection – Camille Flowers
- 555665 Sun Kissed Collection – Vinetta Flowers
- 555634 Sun Kissed Collection – Perle Bebe Flowers
- 554521 Wood Buttons
- 554316 Alphabet Stickers
Emeline Seet created this amazing layout. It's the perfect layout for Anna Dabrowska to scraplift.
I had the honor of scraplifting a project of the wonderful and talented Emeline. I totally adore her sense of style and multifloral compositions which were a great source of inspiration for me. In fact I discovered we've got a lot of things in common: we both like to work on the customized backgrounds and we both create clusters... maybe a
bit of different kind, but the idea is similar! I loved studying Emeline's multi-layered flower projects, finding new elements in very detailed work and trying to follow her steps in composing a layout based on one, large group of embellishments. I found out that Emeline tends to use one, medium sized or small photo in a company of a large number of clustered flowers, usually situated on the one side or bottom of it - that was a challenge for me as I usually try to surround my photos from all sides! The next observation I made were her delicate, feminine, usually whitewashed color palettes - beautiful sets of colors matching each others perfectly... again, very inspiring!
My project is based on her amazing layout "Blessed are the pure in heart" - I loved this artwork from the first sight! Eye-catching photo, masked and painted background, large flower cluster - it all made my creative juices flowing! I started with the background: the two papers were layered one on another, distressed, and sprayed. Then stamped and painted with a bit of gesso. The photo I used is my interpretation of the composition of the original photo - the person showed on it has got the flower cluster behind her back, just like the children on the beautiful Emeline's picture. Building the group of embellishments I tried to use a similar set of elements, but with a touch of "me" too - and i'm quite happy with the final result:) Scraplifting this project was a pure pleasure for me - Emeline is a very talented artist, so I feel that I not only had great creative fun but also learned a lot about other ways of building composition. Thank you so much for this inspiring challenge! ~Anna
- Item# 950156 - Fairy Belle Collection La Ronde
- Item# 950088 - Fairy Belle Collection En Pointe
- Item# 551100 - Reflections - Printery
- Item# 556372 - Laredo Socorro
- Item# 890773 - Resin - Small Birds
- Item# 558468 - Soiree Champagne
- Item# 557669 - Laraine River Rock
- Item# 551704 - Fleur De Lys - Almond
- Item# 556495 - Allegra Adelle
- Item# 551094 - Imagenne Stamp Set - Alla Prima
This dimensional work of art was created by Heidi Kelley. Heidi's layout gave Anne Jo Lexander, her ideas for her adorable page.
When I think of Heidi Kelley...I think of her little scenes, no matter if it's on a layout or a shadowbox, where she hand cut her photos, staging a whole new stage for her protagonists...and then there's paint, lots of paint, and colors, and usually a whole little mix of flowers....While I had her recent layout "Blowing kisses" as a starting point (her two focal points on the layout are the two clusters, I've mimicked them on mine)...I additionally had her whole style in mind when creating my lift, especially the playful side of her creations, it's like she's carefree and happy when creating, exploring the artsier sides of scrapbooking and painting and art journaling, happily bringing them all together.
I'll admit..I was terrified...I still am...I like to think I'm handling most styles well, but hers really is one I don't go exploring too often! But once I started...I had fun during the planning stage, thinking....what would Heidi do now....in the end I just had to jump in and get started before I regretted things too much! :D Heidi, I hope you approve! ~Anne Jo
Who wouldn't approve Anne Jo? This is terrific!
- Sun Kiss collection – Sun Dried 844233
- Lucerne Sun kiss – 555702
- Charme rose Sun kiss – 555689
- Flutter bits Sun kiss – 555689
- Tweet Vine quail 553722
- Harmonie pastel 556877
- trixie bright 557201
- Miss godivas caramel 556839
- Velvet rainbow spring mix – 556358, brights 556310,
- Paper tag set – 921880
- Pixie vine fairy belle 555504
- Resist canvas – 554699
- Mask – 545567
- Canvas letters – 550110
- Wooden clock – 554613
- Antique mirror - 551100
- SIIC - 551322