The year has come to an end but Heidi Kelley's amazing work sure hasn't. She has brought us some amazing mixed media loveliness.
Aaaaah, the color of winter! Creams, whites, golds, and all that glitters... I find myself drinking in the beauty everywhere I go. The snow sparkles, my children twinkle, and the promises of a New Year has me waiting in anticipation. Today I thought I would show you my take in the winter palette, and this layout featuring my daughter, Sarenna, comes first!
While most of the paper within the Pixie Glen collection is pastel colored, I sought out to find the neutral colors. Fussy cutting lots of little details, I framed out her face, and added layers within her hair. I also added some "earrings" from the paper, for additional whimsy! Using paints, molding paste, and lots of other delicious Prima details like the flocked embellies (snowflakes here), shabby chic treasures, and trinkets, I built lots of layers that you can see up close in these pics.
Of All Nature's Gifts Supply List:
- Pixie Glen Paper #843632
- Ledger Paper #843748
- Cotton Tape #550813
- Shabby Chic Treasures #890759
- Flocked Rub-ons #550851
- Angelica Rose #546366
Also using this palette (with the addition of a few pale hues), I decided to alter a notebook cover, for random thoughts, quotes, and memories of the upcoming new year! Loaded with texture, I built the base of the cover using Resistant Canvas, using pops of color here and there.
Shine This Season Supply List:
- North Country Collection "Snow Fall" #843298
- Bretton Vines Parchment #552664
- Sherwood Rose Truffle #552688
- Coiled Pearls Emily #552442
- SIIC Borders Botanical #544478
- Cotton Tape #550790
- Resistant Canvas #551643
- SIIC #551490
And finally, a glammed up jewelry tree made with more of the gold tones.
Bought at a local craft store, she was nearly naked... and we can't have that, now can we? Her gown is created with Prima flowers, bling, stamped cotton tape, and lots of Prima edgings! My heat gun got a work out here, but she finally looks ready to hold some of my treasured jewelry for the New Year!
Jewelry Tree Supply List:
- Printery Coventry Rose #553296
- Be Charmed Gilden Flower #553371
- Avon Rose North Country #552473
- Splendor Leaves #553609
- Tiny Treasures #550691
- Ornamental Edgings #550455
- Gold Ornamental Edgings#550462
- Twill Black Ornamental Edging #550479
- Tassel Gold Ornamental Edging #550493
- Writer's Tape #550790
- Alla Prima Mounted Stamp Set #551094
- Romantique Mounted Stamp Set #551063
- Say It In Crystals #541163
- splendor Leaves-Winter #553609
Wishing you and yours an exciting, amazing, New Year!!