We would love to welcome back Janine Koczwara!! Today she has some amazing projects to share!
Hi everyone, it's Janine Koczwara here with my first blog post since coming back onto the Prima Design Team!! Yes, I am so super excited to be back on the team and hopefully able to inspire you with my projects!
Lets start with this mini album created by using the packaging from Prima Flowers. I hoard most of the packaging from my flowers as it is so pretty and try and re-purpose it. Here it has become the bases for my pages and the hang cell becomes the point to bind it all together with lace!
To start with I have cut patterned paper from the Romantique line and used it to cover all the bar-code and text on the packaging. Then I proceeded to layer all my other papers and embellishments on top of that.
I coloured around 1 meter of ribbon with Tattered Angels Mint Chocolate Chip Chalkboard Glimmer mist and cut the amounts I needed off from that piece once it was dry.
I also used Ranger Walnut Stain Distress ink around all my pages and papers as I love the way it adds impact to the overall design.
I stamped my essential flowers and inked around the edges to add interest but to also reduce the intensity of the colour of the flowers. I used the same stamp on the tags for a wonderful vintage feel.
- 843434 Romantique Collection Estella
- 843441 Romantique Collection Gazette
- 843458 Romantique Collection Hedgerow
- 843465 Romantique Collection Ha Penny
- 840747 Paradise City Collection Fruity Jungle
- 535100 Raja Centers Blue
- 541064 Lace
- 545482 Lace
- 550103 Alphabet Stickers Black
- 552725 Sherwood Rose Larkspur
- PE-002 Limited Edition Roses
- PE-067 Limited Edition Roses
- 533199 Camelot Roses
- 549244 Essentials Madeline
- 536350 Clear Stamps
The next projects are all based around the same concept of a quick and simple gift idea for a teacher or co-worker. In these first images I have used Prima flowers, and hot glued a "stem" to them for pressing into the floristry foam. In the video tutorial below, I have used a mixture of hand made paper flowers and prima flowers for a way to keep costs down if you want to create this cute little gift for quite a few people.
On this lollipop posy, I have covered the can with layers of punched paper for a delicate base and mixed lollipops, blooms and some candy gems for the floral display at the top.
This is another version using prima papers to create your own flowers ... you can see how this was made in this video...
- 843229 Pixie Glen Collection - Cornwall
- 843236 Pixie Glen Collection - Dartmoor
- 843205 Pixie Glen Collection - Rose Arbor
- 843182 Pixie Glen Collection - Pyske Cuts
- 551087 Cling Mounted Stamps
- 551346 Say It In Crystals
- PE-001-25 Limited Edition Roses
- PE-001-17 Limited Edition Roses
- PE-546-105 Limited Edition Roses
- 549381 Candy Gems - Melon
Finally here is a LO that I have created using a monochromatic palette of colours and lots and lots of layers. I chose the photos for this monochromatic LO based on the wine barrel in the background offering that hint of rustic tones. I love the way the photographs jump out at you from the page with their splash of colour against the mustard brown tones of the page.
You can see the mix of layers in this close up. You can create open stars by nesting your star dies on your paper before running them through your die cutting machine. With the open star you can see more of the layers underneath while still maintaining the effect of the star on the page.
Another little tip when using the Prima toggles, you can finish off the button effect by adding a small sliver of paper through the button holes to give the appearance it has been stitched! Quick, simple and very effective.
- 543914 Roosevelt Collection - Edith
- 537531 Winter Roses
- 537593 Melange
- 539382 Belle Arte
- 841508 Flights Of Fancy Collection - Faith
- 840877 Animal Bash Collection
- 843656 Alla Prima Collection - 6x6 Paper Book
- 842468 Madeline Collection - Parfait
- 843755 12x12 Ledger
- 550448 Toggle Quirky
- 552992 Gillion Lemon
- 552664 Bretton Vines - Parchment
- 541064 Lace
Thank you Janine for sharing such beautiful pieces of work.
If you would like to see more of Janine's work make sure to check out her blog.