"I live in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia, with my hubby (Paul) of 14 years and our 5 children, (4 boys and 1 girl who dominates my scrapbooking).
It was Paul who really wanted me to get a hobby, but I don’t think he expected me to become so obsessed by my hobby!!"
I have now been scrapbooking for 7 years. My favourite part of scrapbooking is the creative process. I love the challenge of putting products together to create my own little bit of paper art.
My pages are one of the few things in my life that are not “undone” by my family soon after completion! I love to cook, but it gets eaten. I clean and within no time at all the kids seem to restore it to chaos. So Scrapbooking is my lifeline!" ~ Janine
1. What's your favorite color? I can't choose I love so many colours, it depends on my mood.
A few FUN things about Janine:
2. Favorite Prima products (ONLY pick 3): SIIP swirls and centres these add that touch of class to your layout. Flowers of course!!!! I cant even narrow it down to a single type as I am flower obsessed. Stamps, just love my collection of these, plus you can keep on using them.
3. Favorite time to scrap? Does every available opportunity count? Mostly when the two littles are sleeping at the same time in the day and the older 3 are at school, which doesn’t give very long, but I just work on a LO bit by bit until it is done.
4. What would we find in your fridge right now? Lots of fruit and vegetables as well as milk and maybe even chocolate!
5. Favorite song to scrapbook to? I don’t listen to music while scrapping, there is so much noise in my house that I take every opportunity for peace and quiet.
6. If someone wrote a biography about you what would you think the title would be? Organized Chaos
7. What makes you happy? Watching the children playing happily together, laughing and hugging one another. And, of course, scrapbooking!!!
8. Favorite part of being on our DT? Obviously the products I get to work with. But, the friendships I established with other members of the DT has been one of the unexpected highlights.
Janine fills this gorgeous page with soft colors and textures...which are perfect with those precious photos! A few cream and baby yellow flowers are the only accents needed for perfection!
Supplies: Prima Packaging-green, stitched paper-813284, patterned paper-813161, flowers-wildwood: 530129, camelot: 533139, mini-roses: 535469
Janine rocks the BOY pages too! She is amazing at using bright colors and lots of patterns. Primary-colored flowers, touches of die-cut voila and gems centers keep this page well-grounded.
Supplies: Little Guy papers-820923, 820879, 820909, 820893, gems-300586, felt-881252, Little Guy flowers-527846, pebble-881856
Janine's daughter really shines on all of her layouts! That sweet face is perfectly accented with lots of pretty Prima flowers, Pebbles, lace and stitched paper cut-outs! Janine uses stamps to create very cool title work and swirls! (Tip: stamp on a transparency then cut out for PERFECT results.)
Supplies: Prima packaging in green and kraft, papers-834813, lace-534950, flowers-Frillies: 527242, Caboodles: 528683, Evelyn Lily: 532680, stamp-850548, pebble-881856, gems-530679, Build-A-Frame stampWe hope you have enjoyed getting to know Janine better! Keep an eye out for her work in various international magazines and right here on the Prima blog!