There was an underfill of flowers on these styles and we are adjusting the price to compensate. Our factory is correcting this condition now. Once the new stock is in, we will revert back to the original prices.
Just a reminder that our Contest deadline is fast approaching! Please get your gorgeous designs in!! All contest details are listed in a post below...just scroll down a bit.
Contest entry verification emails have been sent out to every entry received so far...if you did not receive an email back from Prima please email: Primaquestions@gmail.com
There were a few entries that had no picture show up. Remember to submit each entry to the "Contest" link...not the general submission link. Again, if you have any questions feel free to email the above address!
Pearl Liu has a beautiful talent for combining just the right papers and flowers while creating stunning designs!Pearl lives in Singapore and is a frequent contributor to our Prima gallery. Her submissions always put a smile on our face! Let's get to know this talented designer a bit better.
1. When did you start scrapbooking and how did you get started? I made my first scrapbook album about 15 years ago right after my wedding. That was the time when we didn't have acid free lignin free products here. Needless to say that wedding album is now yellowed, spotted and damaged. Subsequently, I started to get into cardmaking and all sorts of crafts/ papercrafts when my kids came along and when they were old enough to enjoy crafts. I started making small projects like mini albums and tag albums from around 2003 as an extension of my cardmaking . I started trying out 12x12 layouts in October 2006 and am still discovering more to creating large layouts . Happily, with all the advancement in digital photography and the abundance of excellent scrapbooking supplies today, I can easily re-do my wedding album many times if I so fancy !
2. From where do you draw inspiration? From all things beautiful whether they be in print, film, interior design, graphic design, fashion, art. But most of all from my 2 kids and fellow scrappers all over the world.
3. Describe your style for us. At the moment, my style is probably best described as using clean lines with a feminine touch and well balanced, incorporating the latest trends where possible. I like to handwrite my journaling whenever I can to put the truly personal stamp on my work.
4. In general, how long does it take you to do a page? I like to finish a layout fairly quickly and so anything done in one hour or less is fast to me. However I am not opposed to spending hours or days to achieve a certain unique effect if I have an idea for it .
5. What is your favorite Prima product? Honestly , that's a tough question given the diversity of the Prima product range. I would have to say Sandi's Favourites - as the size, texture, colour tones of the flowers are great on smaller projects like cards as well as on layouts. And also for the fact that not all the flowers are polka dotted in the same mix.
6. What are 3 other products that you can't live without? 3M's double sided acid free tape , brads , stickers.
7. What is/was one of your favorite scrapbook trends/fads? I just love the European style of scrapbooking. I love the European use of bold colours, artistic effects and emotional content. European scrappers, be they Dutch, Swiss, French, etc. have such a unique style all their own.
Pearl created some gorgeous new projects to share with you!
This altered CD case includes flowers and "Say It With Crystals".
This card features some beautiful new Prima polka-dot flowers and "Say It With Crystals" blue swirls.
Pearl's final project is a layout that showcases her genius in combining products...the papers, flowers and other embellishments work perfectly together!
Thank you, Pearl, for sharing your talent with us!!
Just a reminder that the Monthly Contest deadline is drawing near!!
Prima is looking for two talented designers to add to our awesome design team! If you are always reaching for Prima flowers, crystals, chipboard or patterned papers to add to your projects then you are the designer that we are looking for! We would love to see how you use Prima products, but that is not a requirement to enter.
Please send an email (with Prima Design Team in the subject) with all of your contact information, along with one or two layouts or projects (previously designed/posted work is fine! Another question people have brought up- Yes, you may be on other design teams.) The deadline is April 2, 2007. There is no need to make anything new! We just want to see your latest creations--150 KB limit each) and a link to yourgallery (if you do not have one please include a few more layouts for us to look at) to Sharon (please CC Tami on the email) at the following addresses:
We need to limit the two spots to US/Canadian addresses only because of shipping time restraints. However, for those of you who love Prima, but do not live in the United States or Canada please feel free to send us an email anyway! Just include Guest Designer in the heading and we will keep you in mind for our Monthly Guest Designers!
Just a note that we will be browsing through the Marchcontest design entries as well!! We plan to make decisions on the new positions by the end of the first week of April. Sharon will be responding to each entry that comes in...please give her a few days to confirm that your entry was received. If you do not hear back from her please resend the entry. Prima does not want any entry lost in cyberspace! We hope this will be a positive experience for everyone....we promise to look through every entry and try to choose who we feel best fits the needs that we have for our current team. We thank you in advance for putting yourself out there! We appreciate each one of you! :)